Things to Do on a Computer When Bored at School
School can sometimes be boring, especially if you find yourself with some free time and nothing to do. Luckily, if you have access to a computer, there are plenty of things you can do to entertain yourself. From educational activities to fun games, here are some ideas for things to do on a computer when bored at school.
1. Learn something new: Take advantage of the internet and expand your knowledge. Visit educational websites, watch educational videos on platforms like YouTube, or read articles on topics that interest you.
2. Write a blog or start a journal: If you enjoy writing, consider starting a blog or keeping a journal. You can write about your experiences, share your thoughts, or even start a creative writing project.
3. Play educational games: There are numerous educational games available online that can help you learn while having fun. Whether it’s improving your math skills or learning a new language, these games can be both entertaining and educational.
4. Explore virtual museums and art galleries: Many museums and art galleries offer virtual tours that allow you to explore their collections from the comfort of your computer. Discover famous artworks, learn about historical artifacts, and broaden your cultural knowledge.
5. Watch documentaries or TED Talks: Expand your horizons by watching informative documentaries or TED Talks. These videos cover a wide range of topics and can be both educational and inspiring.
6. Create digital art: If you have a creative side, try your hand at digital art. There are many online drawing tools and software available that allow you to create artwork digitally.
7. Listen to podcasts or audiobooks: If you prefer listening rather than reading, podcasts and audiobooks are a great way to pass the time. Choose from a variety of genres and topics to find something that interests you.
8. Solve puzzles or play brain games: Challenge your mind with puzzles and brain games. Sudoku, crossword puzzles, and logic games can help improve your critical thinking skills while keeping you entertained.
9. Organize your computer files: Take advantage of your free time to organize your computer files. Clean up your desktop, create folders, and declutter your digital space.
10. Learn coding or programming: If you’re interested in technology, learning coding or programming can be a productive way to spend your time. There are many online resources and tutorials available to help you get started.
11. Create a digital presentation: Use your creativity to create a digital presentation on a topic that interests you. You can include images, videos, and text to make it engaging and informative.
12. Connect with friends: If you have free time and your friends are also online, connect with them through social media or online messaging platforms. You can chat, play games together, or even collaborate on a project.
1. Can I play online games on school computers?
It depends on the school’s policy. Some schools may have restrictions on accessing gaming websites, while others may allow it during designated free time.
2. Are there any educational websites specifically designed for students?
Yes, there are many educational websites designed to cater to students of all ages and subjects. Some popular ones include Khan Academy, National Geographic Kids, and BrainPOP.
3. Can I watch YouTube videos on school computers?
Again, it depends on the school’s policy. Some schools may block access to YouTube, while others may allow it for educational purposes.
4. How can I improve my typing skills?
There are various online typing tutorials and games available that can help improve your typing speed and accuracy. Some popular ones include TypingClub, Keybr, and Ratatype.
5. Are there any websites where I can learn a new language?
Yes, there are websites like Duolingo, Babbel, and Memrise that offer language-learning courses for free or at a nominal cost.
6. Can I access social media websites on school computers?
Most schools have restrictions on accessing social media websites during school hours. It’s best to check with your school’s policy regarding internet usage.
7. What are some coding languages I can learn as a beginner?
8. How can I ensure my online safety while using school computers?
Always follow your school’s guidelines for internet usage. Avoid clicking on suspicious links, use strong passwords, and be cautious while sharing personal information online.
9. Are there any websites where I can practice math problems?
Yes, websites like Math Playground, Coolmath Games, and Mathway offer interactive math problem-solving activities for students.
10. Can I access my school email on a school computer?
In most cases, yes. Usually, school computers provide access to school email accounts to facilitate communication between students and teachers.
11. Are there any websites where I can learn graphic design?
Yes, websites like Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud, and GIMP provide tutorials and tools for learning graphic design.
12. Can I listen to music on school computers?
The policy regarding listening to music on school computers varies. Some schools may allow it during free time or study periods, while others may prohibit it. Always follow your school’s guidelines.